Chocolate-Covered Marshmallow Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 18 large marshmallows, cut in half
- 36 pecan halves
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 4-5 tablespoons light cream
- Cookies: Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla extract and milk.
- Add dry ingredients, mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonsful 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- Remove cookies from oven.
- Top with marshmallow half.
- Return to oven for 2 minutes more.
- Remove cookies to rack to cool.
- Frosting: Beat all ingredients together. Spread on cookies. Top with a piece
Makes 3 dozen.