Chocolate Covered Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
I am always experimenting with cookie ingredients just to come up with something
different in taste. These have been a great hit.
- 1 1/4 cups margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 cup chocolate-covered
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream the margarine, brown sugar, and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonsful onto ungreased
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes for a chewy texture or 10 to 11 minutes for a crisp cookie.
- Cool on the cookie sheets for 1 minute.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in
an airtight container.
Makes 4 dozen depending on the size.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine June 4, 2001.