Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Clusters
Macadamia nuts, chocolate and coconut. How can you go wrong?
- 1/4 cup (1/8 pound) Challenge Butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate,
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted macadamia
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) sweetened flaked dried
- In a heatproof bowl set over (but not touching) barely simmering water in a pan,
stir 1/4 cup butter and bittersweet chocolate often until mixture is melted and
- In a large bowl, with a mixer on high speed, beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla until
- Add chocolate mixture and beat until well blended.
- Stir in flour and baking powder, then beat just until moistened.
- Stir in macadamia nuts, chocolate chips, and coconut.
- Drop dough in 1-tablespoon portions about 2 inches apart on buttered 12 x 15-inch
- Bake clusters in a 350 degrees F regular or convection oven just until firm on
the edges but still soft when pressed in the middle, 8 to 10 minutes; if baking
two sheets at once in one oven, switch their positions halfway through baking.
- Let clusters cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then use a wide spatula to transfer
to racks to cool completely.
Take care not to over-bake them; their centers should remain soft and chewy.
Source: Recipe developed by Sunset Magazine Test Kitchens for Baking with Challenge
Recipe and photo credit: