Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Pools of melty, chocolate-y, peanut butter-y goodness in a scrumptious chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (1 1/2 ounces) natural cocoa or Dutch-process cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups mini peanut butter cups
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together the sugars, butter, and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract, egg, and water, then stir in the dry ingredients, blending well.
- Stir in the mini peanut butter cups.
- Scoop rounded tablespoonsful of dough onto the prepared baking sheets; a
tablespoon cookie scoop works well here. Flatten each cookie to about 1/2" thick.
- Bake the cookies for 7 to 9 minutes, or until they're set and you can smell chocolate.
- Remove them from the oven, and cool on a rack.
Hands-on time: 10 mins. to 14 mins.
Baking time: 7 mins. to 9 mins.
time: 27 mins. to 37 mins.
Yield: 3 dozen
Recipe and photo credit:King Arthur Flour.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes