Chocolate Sundae Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 squares melted unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 36 marshmallow halves
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cookies: Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Mix and beat well 2/3 cup brown sugar, shortening and egg.
- Stir in half of the dry ingredients.
- Add maraschino cherry juice and milk.
- Add remainder of dry ingredients.
- Blend in melted chocolate, nuts and chopped maraschino cherries.
- Drop on cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Immediately after removing the cookies from the oven, place marshmallow half,
cut side down, on each hot cookie.
- Cool on rack.
- Frost with icing and top with half a nut.
- Frosting: Bring brown sugar, water and cocoa to a boil for 3 minutes.
- Add butter and vanilla extract.
- Cool slightly and add confectioners' sugar.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.