Chop Suey Cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons milk + 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup candied green cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup candied red cherries, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two cookie sheets.
- Cream sugar and shortening; add eggs.
- Dissolve baking soda in 2 teaspoons milk. Add flour, cinnamon and remaining 6
tablespoons milk; stir well. Stir into the sugar mixture, then add remaining
ingredients, blending thoroughly.
- Drop by the teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake until slightly brown. (This is a very old recipe, and no time was
included, so the time will average around 8 minutes, but watch closely.)
Makes 4 to 5 dozen cookies.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes