Christmas Fruit Cake Cookies
This recipe is well over 100 years old.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs,
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 pound candied cherries, finely
- 1/2 pound candied pineapple, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound white raisins
- 1 quart shelled pecans, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking
soda, dissolved in a little water
- Cream butter; add sugar, then beaten egg yolks.
- Sprinkle some of the flour over
the fruit and pecans.
- Add spices and salt to remaining flour.
- Combine butter, fruit and flour mixtures.
- Add vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold in.
- Drop scant teaspoonsful onto greased cookie
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes.
Yiel: 125 to 150 cookies
Batter may be prepared several
Freezes well before and after baking.