Chunky Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sour
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned or quick oats
- 2 cups (11 ounces)
white chocolate pieces
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 jar (3 1/2 ounces) macadamia
nuts, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in sour cream, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop rounded teaspoonsful of dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on sheet 1 minute; remove to cooling rack.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin.