Classic Plain Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon, if desired. Stir just until combined.
- Mix in the oats and walnuts or pecans, if using.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the edges are just light golden brown (the centers should look a little underdone). Take them out a little early for softer cookies and bake a little longer for crispier cookies.