- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks or 6 ounces) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon strong coconut
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups (4 1/2 ounces) sweetened flaked coconut
- About 36 candied cherries, cut in half, or 72 macadamia nuts
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and
coconut flavor until light and fluffy.
- Sift salt, flour and baking soda together
into a small bowl and gradually beat them into the egg mixture.
- Stir in the coconut
until everything is well combined.
- Drop the dough by the teaspoonful onto prepared baking sheets; use the bottom
of a drinking glass dipped in sugar to press each ball down slightly.
- Bake the cookies
for 9 minutes, or until they are light golden brown and just firm to the touch.
- As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, plunk half a candied cherry (round
side up, of course), or a macadamia nut, into the center of each and press down
- Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
Makes about 6 dozen cookies.
Source: The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes