- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup strong coffee
- Beat shortening, sugar and eggs until creamy.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with coffee.
- Add lemon extract.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with confectioners' sugar icing flavored with lemon.
This cookie freezes well.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes