- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup strong coffee
- Beat shortening, sugar and eggs until creamy.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with coffee.
- Add lemon extract.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with confectioners' sugar icing flavored with lemon.
This cookie freezes well.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.