- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon
- 2 cups rolled oats, regular or quick
- 1 cup shredded or flaked
- About 1 1/4 cups multicolored plain peanut candy-covered chocolate
pieces, raisins, chocolate-covered raisins, semisweet chocolate pieces,
malted milk balls, chopped nuts, gumdrops, jelly beans or candy corn
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease 5 round 8-inch foil or regular
pie pans. Place a round of wax paper on bottom of each pie pan; grease wax paper.
- Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; beat until blended.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, oats and coconut.
- Divide dough evenly between prepared pans.
- With the back of a large spoon, spread dough evenly over bottom of pans.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of your favorite topping over each cookie.
- If desired,
write a name or message with connecting pieces of chosen topping.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned.
- Cool in pans.
- Turn cooled cookies out of pans; remove wax paper rounds.
- To serve, cut each cookie into 8 wedges.