- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Mix butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Drop by tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 11 minutes until lightly brown, watching them carefully.
Chocolate Cornmeal Cookies: Mix 1/4 cup baker's cocoa into cookie dough
with rest of the dry ingredients, and add 1/4 cup milk.