- 1 cup trans-fat free vegetable shortening or 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat shortening and sugars with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; mix well.
- Add oats, chocolate chips, nuts, coconut and raisins; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheets; flatten slightly
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Store tightly covered.
Prep: 20 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Yield: about 4 1/2 dozen
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Quaker Oats Company