Cream Cheese Macadamia Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, orange peel
and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour and baking powder. Gradually add to the creamed mixture. Mix
- Fold in the nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten
slightly with a greased glass.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 9-11 minutes or until browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.