Death by Chocolate Cookies
- 2 (12 ounce) packages semisweet baking chocolate, divided
- 3/4 cup firmly packed
light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
cups chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coarsely chop 8 squares of the chocolate; set aside.
- Microwave remaining 8 squares of chocolate in large glass bowl on HIGH for 1
to 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stir in sugar, butter,
eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Mix in reserved chopped
chocolate and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonsful onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set to the touch.
- Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Yield: 1 1/2 dozen cookies
Source: Daisy King - cookbook author