Delicate Lemon Tea Cake Cookies
Delicious, wonderful, yummy, tasty. These little gems are just great. They have
a wonderful lemony taste with a tender cake like consistency.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar*
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- Additional sugar for sprinkling tops
* I use 1 cup for a less sweet cookie, because you sprinkle the tops with
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter in mixing bowl on medium speed for 1 minute until light.
- Add sugar
and lemon extract, beating till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and lemon zest and beat
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Add to beaten mixture
alternating with buttermilk.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugar and
bake for approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
Yield: 45 cookies
Posted by BettyBoop at Recipe Goldmine 10/8/2001 8:16 am.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes