Door County Cherry Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 2/3
cups white chocolate chunks/chips
- 1 1/2 cups dried Door County cherries
cup cashews or macadamia nuts, chopped
- Heat oven 350 degrees F.
- Combine butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla extract; beat thoroughly.
- Add flour
and baking soda gradually to butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate, cherries, and nuts.
- Drop onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- Let cool on baking racks
Makes 54 cookies
Source: Favorite Recipes of WPS Resources Corp. Employees and Retirees