Cookies that taste like the ultimate childhood treat...Dreamsicles.
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup white chocolate
- 3 tablespoons powdered orange drink mix, such as Tang
- 1 teaspoon baking
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons powdered orange drink mix,
such as Tang
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Water or milk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Cookies: Cream the shortening and the sugar together until light.
- Add the eggs and vanilla
extract, mixing well.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the buttermilk.
- Add the buttermilk mixture, salt,
3 tablespoons Tang, flour and baking powder to the shortening mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by teaspoonsful onto the prepared
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Frost cookies while still hot with Tang Glaze.
- Tang Glaze: Combine the butter, 3 tablespoons Tang, confectioners'
sugar and enough water or milk to reach a thick, yet still pourable, consistency
and beat until smooth.
Makes 4 dozen.