Coffee and chocolate have a natural affinity, and this recipe for eggless, coffee-flavored
cookies capitalizes on the mutual attraction. Because these cookies don't spread,
they're a good choice when you need a lot of small, bite-size cookies.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup
unsalted (sweet) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 12 ounces (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- Blend in the
vanilla extract and coffee granules.
- Add the sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture
and blend well.
- Stir in the chocolate and the nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto lightly buttered baking sheets, spacing well apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned.
- Cool slightly before removing from baking trays.
Makes 5 dozen.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 28, 2001.
Source: Barbara Nowakowski