Fig Drop Cookies
- 1 cup dried figs, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In saucepan, combine figs and water. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently,
until mixture is a thick paste. Cool.
- Cream shortening, butter, sugars, egg and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Into another bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, blending well.
- Stir in fig paste until well blended.
- Drop by spoonsful onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 11 to 14 minutes.
- Cool completely before storing in a tightly covered container.
Makes about 30 to 36 cookies.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes