Fresh Orange Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 or 3 tablespoons orange juice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cookies: Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and margarine until light and fluffy.
- Add sour cream and eggs; beat well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- Add flour,
baking soda, baking powder, salt, orange juice and grated orange peel; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for
8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie
- Frosting: In a small bowl, combine all frosting ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Frost warm cookies.
Makes 6 dozen cookies.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes