- 1 pound red candied cherries, halved
- 3 ounces green candied cherries, halved
- 1 pound candied pineapple, cut into pieces
- 1/2 pound dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 pound golden raisins
- 1 pound pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup flour, for dredging
fruits and nuts
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup peach brandy
- In 7-quart mixing bowl, dredge cherries, pineapple, dates, raisins and pecans
with 1/4 cup flour.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Sift together 2 cups flour and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture;
- Add milk and peach brandy; mix well.
- Add better to dredged fruits and nuts; mix until fruits and nuts are incorporated.
Mixture will be very stiff.
- Drop dough by tablespoonsful onto a well-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 275
degrees F oven 18 to 20 minutes, or until almost no imprint remains when touched
Yield: 9 dozen cookies.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.