German Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine,
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups
semisweet chocolate morsels (12 ounces)
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- With mixer on medium speed, beat brown sugar, granulated sugar, margarine and
butter until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda;
- Stir in oats, coconut, chocolate morsels and pecans.
- Refrigerate dough
for several hours, or overnight.
- Use hands to make 1 1/2-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on well greased
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven 8 to 10 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet one minute; transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Yield: about 6 dozen cookies
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 14, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes