Giant Chocolate-Toffee Cookies
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup
- 1 3/4 cups (packed) dark brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon
- 12 ounces Heath bar bits
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
- Stir chocolate and butter in top of double boiler set over simmering water until
melted and smooth.
- Remove from water.
- Cool mixture to lukewarm.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs in bowl until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour mixture, then toffee
- Chill batter until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment or wax
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupsful onto sheets, spacing 2 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake just
until tops are dry and cracked, but cookies are still soft to touch, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on sheets.
- Store airtight at room temperature.
Makes about 18.
Can be made 2 days ahead.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes