Giant Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plus
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 3/4 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 4 1/2 cups regular oats (uncooked)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup candy coated peanut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs,
peanut butter, vanilla extract and syrup; beat well.
- Add oats, baking soda and salt,
- Stir in peanut butter pieces and walnuts. Batter will be stiff.
- Spoon dough, 1/4 cup at a time 4 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Press
each into a 3-inch circle.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes. Centers of
cookies will be slightly soft.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheets, then remove to wire
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen