- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose
flour, preferably unbleached
- Granulated sugar (for coating)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine sugar, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, and salt with an electric
mixer set on medium speed for 20 seconds.
- Add butter, egg, and molasses and beat
on medium speed for 2 minutes, until smooth and light in color.
- Scrape the bowl
with a rubber spatula and add flour, beating on low speed for 20 seconds, until
the flour is blended in.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula
or wooden spoon to be sure the dough is completely mixed.
- Place some granulated sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonsful
into the sugar, tossing them so that they are completely coated with sugar.
dough on baking sheets and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. The cookies are done when
they are puffed and the tops crack.
- Remove from the oven. Place cookies on wire
rack to cool.
- When cool, store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or wrap
tightly and freeze for up to 2 months.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes