Hand-in-the-Cookie Jar Gingersnaps
This is just one of the cookies that will keep you busy refilling the cookie
jar. They disappear almost as fast as you can make them! They are the best crisp
and chewy gingersnaps you will ever eat.
- 3/4 cup shortening (or butter)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses or golden syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream shortening and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and molasses.
- In another bowl, combine next five ingredients; gradually add to creamed
mixture and mix well.
- Shape level tablespoonsful of dough into balls.
- Dip one side into remaining sugar; place 2 inches apart, sugary side up,
on greased baking sheets.
- Bake until lightly browned and crinkly, 12-15 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
Yield: 3 dozen | Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 15 mins
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes