Honey Roasted Peanut Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add peanut butter, honey, eggs and vanilla extract. Blend well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- In medium bowl combine peanut butter, honey and water.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar until desired consistency.
- Drizzle over cookies.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Yield: 8 dozen