Iced Pumpkin Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup C&H® Confectioners' Sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup, light
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Assorted food coloring (optional)
- Cookies: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cookie sheet.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg,
cloves and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add pumpkin puree, egg and
vanilla; beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on prepared cookie
sheet by tablespoonful, 2 inches apart; flatten slightly.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Cool cookies completely before icing.
- Icing: In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until
smooth. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy.
If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
- Divide into separate bowls; add food coloring, if using, to each color to
reach desired intensity.
- Frost completely cooled cookies before serving.
Yield: about 2 dozen cookies
Featured by contest winner Cassie Stoneking.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes