Jelly Bean Jumbles
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups jelly beans, quartered (don't use the black jelly beans)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In large bowl combine butter or margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- Stir in flour, salt, baking
powder and baking soda.
- Add oats and 1 cup of the jelly beans.
- Drop dough by teaspoonsful
2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Press several jelly beans into each cookie
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- Remove from cookie sheets