- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, chopped, with juice
teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 (15 ounce) box raisins
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- Cream together shortening, sugar and brown sugar; add eggs, beat well.
- Sift together
flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture. Mix well.
- Add coconut, cherries, vanilla extract, pecans, raisins and chocolate chips.
Mixture will be very difficult to mix.
- Drop well-rounded teaspoonsful onto well-greased
- Bake for 12 minutes in preheated 350 degree F oven.
- Cool a few minutes
on sheet before removing.