Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 egg
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, lemon zest, coriander and poppy seeds.
Mix well with wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with
electric mixer at medium speed until mixture forms a grainy paste.
- Scrape sides
of bowl, then add yolks, egg and lemon extract. Beat at medium speed until light
- Add flour mixture and mix at low speed until combined, do not over-mix.
- Use 1 1/2-inch diameter cookie scoop and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
for 15-16 minutes at 300 degrees F.
- Transfer immediately to cooling rack.
- Add a glaze
icing after they cool.
Makes 24 servings.
Posted by swm56 at Recipe Goldmine 7/19/01 8:08:26 am
Source: A cop at work who makes these for ER every Thursday