Little Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Prepare the glaze: Beat the powdered sugar, cream and vanilla extract together
until the mixture is smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Prepare the cookies: Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 1 or 2 baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and
beat until smooth.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the egg mixture in thirds, alternating with the sour cream
and beating well after each addition.
- Drop by teaspoons onto baking sheets and bake 9 to 10 minutes, until edges are
crisp. They will be soft but cooked through.
- Let them cool on the baking sheets
for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks over paper towels or wax paper to catch
drips from glaze.
- While cookies are still warm (but not hot) drop a scant 1/2 teaspoon of glaze
on each. The glaze will be firm after the cookies cool.
Makes about 6 dozen.
Posted by kccaid at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.