- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, packed, then sifted
- 5 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add molasses and sour cream. Mix well.
- Mix the baking soda and vinegar and add it along with ginger and salt.
- Stir in
beaten eggs, then sifted flour.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared cookie
sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on sheets
of waxed paper. Frost.
- Frosting: Heat the milk and the butter.
- With a wooden spoon beat sugar with hot
milk and butter mixture.
- Beat in lemon extract. If necessary, add additional hot milk
until creamy and spreadable. Work quickly and frost immediately.
- If frosting begins
to harden, beat in another drop of hot milk.
- Frost thinly and let cookies dry before
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.