Mrs. Field's Legendary Cookies
- 2 cups butter (at room temperature - NOT melted))
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose
- 5 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (measured first and blended
to a powder in food processor or blender)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce
Hershey bar, grated
- 3 cups chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup raisins, soaked in
water, then drained (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together butter and both sugars, then mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, powdered oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet, making golf ball-size cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Makes about 112 cookies.