- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups quick oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Simmer raisins and water for about 20 minutes.
- Drain liquid from raisins into
measuring cup. Add enough cold water to make 1/2 cup.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir into wet mixture.
- Add oatmeal, raisins and nuts. Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonful on lightly-greased
cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 or 12 minutes.
Yields 6 dozen.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.