Old Fashioned Rum-Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup rum
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup
butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat raisins, water and rum to boiling in 1-quart saucepan. Reduce heat. Simmer
uncovered for 20 to30 minutes or until raisins are plump and liquid has evaporated.
- Cool raisins for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed about
3 minutes or until fluffy, or mix with spoon.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Stir in raisins.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove from cookie
sheet to wire rack.
Serving size: 30
Source: Betty Crocker Cookie Book