Orange Drop Cookies
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 2 cups all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon
Orange Butter Icing
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange
- Cookies: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix shortening, sugar and egg.
- Stir in orange juice and rind.
- Measure flour.
- Blend dry ingredients and stir in.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on UNGREASED
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- When cool, frost with Orange Butter Icing.
- Orange Butter Icing: Blend sugar and butter.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
Makes 4 dozen 2-inch cookies.