- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 whole egg
- 6 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour *
- 1 1/4 teaspoons double-acting baking
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift the granulated sugar.
- Beat the butter until soft.
- Add the sugar gradually, and blend until light and creamy.
- Beat in the egg and marmalade.
- Sift the flour. Resift with the baking powder.
- Stir sifted ingredients into the butter mixture.
- Drop batter from a teaspoon, well apart, on a greased sheet.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 minutes.
About 48 (2-inch) cookies
* It is difficult to prescribe the right amount of flour, as marmalades differ
a great deal in consistency. Follow the rule, then try out 1 or 2 cookies. If they
are too dry, add a little more marmalade, if too moist, a little more flour and
some grated lemon rind.
Source: Joy of Cooking
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes