Peaches and Cream Cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- Beat shortening and sugar together.
- Blend eggs and fruit into the shortening and sugar mixture.
- Stir flour, salt, baking soda and nuts
(if using) into the egg mixture; mix well.
- Drop dough by teaspoonsful onto the greased cookie sheet. The cookies will double in size while baking, so set the cookies far apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.