Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Milk Chocolate or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; stir.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until combined.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Stir in egg and vanilla extract.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels and peanuts.
- Using a level tablespoon, roll the dough into balls; place on ungreased
baking sheets spacing about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft
(they will look underdone).
- Cool on baking sheets for 4 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Prep: 20 mins
Cooking: 8 mins
Cooling: 15 mins
Yields: 38 cookies
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestlé® and meals.com.