Peanut Butter 'n' Honey Oatmeal Cookies
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups oats, quick or old-fashioned, uncooked
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, honey and sugar with an electric mixer until
- Add egg whites, milk, oil and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Combine oats, flour and baking soda and add to the peanut butter mixture. Mix
- Stir in raisins and peanuts.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove refrigerated dough and drop rounded tablespoonsful onto ungreased cookie
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature
or wrap airtight and freeze.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
* If using old-fashioned oats, add 2 tablespoons of flour.
Nutritional information per cookie: 80 calories (25 from fat), 2.5 g fat
(0 sat fat) 0 chol, 35 mg sodium, 14 g carb, 1 g dietary fiber, 2 g protein
Source: The Quaker Oats Company