Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies offer the best of three worlds as far as favorite cookies are concerned.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips (Ghiardelli are great)
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and oats.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.