Pride of Iowa Cookies
This is a very old recipe and one of the best cookies in the whole world!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream together shortening and sugars.
- Mix in flour, salt, soda, baking powder and oatmeal.
- Stir in coconut, eggs, vanilla extract and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
Makes 3 dozen.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes