Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 (10 ounce) packages raspberry-flavored semisweet
chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons
- Burgundy paste food coloring
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- For cookies, place 1 package of chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on medium-high power 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave 1 minute longer; stir until
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract;
beat until smooth.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry
ingredients to creamed mixture; stir until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in remaining
package of chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Drop tablespoonsful of dough 2 inches
apart onto an undressed baking sheet.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until bottoms rare
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack with wax paper underneath to cool.
- For icing, combine confectioners' sugar and liqueur in a small bowl; stir
- Tint burgundy.
- Spoon icing into a pastry bag fitted with a small round
- Pipe icing onto cookies.
- Allow icing to harden.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: about 7 dozen cookies.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 11/25/2001,1:28 pm.