Red Apple Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups unpared red apples,
- 1 cup dark raisins
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Sift flour, baking soda and spices; stir in walnuts, apple and raisins; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar; add egg and apple juice.
- Stir in flour mixture; combine
- Drop by tablespoonsful, 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet.
for 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
Makes 4 dozen.