Rich Butter Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) sweet butter, softened, do not substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and vanilla extract until blended well.
- Gradually add sugar and
eggs beating well.
- Mix together the flour and salt. Add to the butter mixture beating until smooth.
- Drop by 1/2 teaspoonsful onto baking sheet.
- Flatten cookies with the back of
a teaspoon dipped in cold water.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes about 60 cookies.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.