Root Beer Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon root beer extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Root Beer Glaze
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons root beer extract
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Use conventional method of mixing.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonsful about 2 inches apart onto a greased cookie
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Frost with glaze of confectioners' sugar, margarine, root beer extract and hot water.