Soft Apple Cider Cookies
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup refrigerated real egg product, like Egg Beaters
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium apples, peeled and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- Cookies: In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat sugar and margarine
- Add cider and real egg product; beat until smooth.
- With electric mixer at low speed, gradually blend in flour, cinnamon, baking
soda and salt.
- Stir in apples and almonds.
- Drop dough by tablespoonsful, 2 inches apart, onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheets and cool on wire racks.
- Drizzle with Cider Glaze.
- Cider Glaze: In small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and apple cider until
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 9/20/2001 7:39 pm.